Wednesday, June 8, 2016

The White Chair

"...looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, 
who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, 
and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." 
(Hebrews 12:2)



He has provided for me a white chair,
not stained or tarnished.
A white chair, to hold me securely without any harness.
A place to sit
At the table
In pure communion
With the One who is able,
The Wonderful Counselor,
The Founder and Perfecter
of my faith.

A white chair, with spindles that support
Like scripture that dispels lies,
And mercy that renews sight.
A white chair, that keeps me
Upright
A place to sit
Unashamed,
Unafraid,
Forgiven,
Free,
Every day.

A place where I can speak out and be heard,
A place where I am spoken to,
A place where I belong.
A place where I am seen and called beloved.
Here --- resting safely on this white chair.

The white chair built by the Carpenter with scars on His hands,
Scars from the life-saving work He did for me on that cross.
That's the Man who built this chair...
The Great Redeemer, my Hope forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment