Wednesday, June 22, 2016

In the Hallway

"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you,
because he trusts in you."
(Isaiah 26:3)

In the hallway of life
where many doors have been placed,
I have been praying for opportunities
and have been seeking His face.
I can feel His presence
and am calling out for His peace,
Yet when a door closes,
It's so hard to leave.

Not for fear of the hallway,
for I believe this journey is covered in light.
And not for fear of a new door,
because He reigns even over the darkest night.

But rather, it's a matter of change...
The transition from known to unknown, 
From a comfortable space to a more trusting place.
So I may not excitedly close the door behind me as I go
and I may tiptoe out with hesitancy,
but I will take hold of the One who holds me,
and listen intently to whispers of "It'll be okay..."
I will keep my eyes fixed on my Father,
my Strength, my Peace, my Shepherd, my Hope...
And joyfully travel the hallway,
All the way home.

"Until God opens the next door for you,
praise Him in the hallway."
- Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment