Sunday, June 12, 2016

Intentional


"And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. 
And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, 
we also know that he will give us what we ask for." 
(1 John 5:14-15)

Nearly a year ago, I specifically prayed that my gifts, talents, time, and money would be used to serve others in new ways. I prayed that I also would have the courage to step out of my comfort zone and out of the "background" in various situations if that is what the Lord was calling me to do. I prayed that hours of loneliness would be replaced by hours of joy, that my life would be full rather than just not "busy", and that I would recognize all the graces and the gifts of this precious life.

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
(John 10:10)

To say the least, I have been surprised with various opportunities the past 12 months to do just that.
However, I have not been surprised by the Lord's faithfulness.

"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others,
as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms."
(1 Peter 4:10)

Our God is intentional in all that He does. I pray that we strive to mirror that intentionality in our pursuit of Him, using our gifts, and loving others well.


"Don't forget to remember that God is currently preparing YOU 
for what He has already prepared FOR you - everything matters!"
- Christine Caine

No comments:

Post a Comment