Thursday, November 18, 2010

brighter than the moon

first, watch this:



all of katy's songs are totally catchy, upbeat and make you want to sing along and maybe even get up and dance. but unlike most of her other songs, "firework" is much more of a feel good song with genuinely good lyrics. it's encouraging and powerful in a much more positive way than spend all your $, kiss a girl, or get back together with your boyfriend because you miss him.

There's a spark in you-
You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine...

It's always been inside of you,
And now it's time to let it through.


just like the individuals in the video, we've got a spark inside of us. and i believe that our lights will ignite, and our souls will shine, when we surround ourselves with what gives us joy and we live life boldly.

trying out new ideas, being creative with paper, and working with still images of the sun shining down on families... inspires me to continue to look at the details of life.



running, getting rosy and cold cheeks, and enjoying a splurge of eating bread and eating out make me thankful for motivating friends, a safe neighborhood to run in, and good food that makes a splurge satisfying.



enjoying bread-free meals, having a djembe placed perfectly in position to be played upon, and my calendar of daily thoughts/wisdom... encourages me to keep it up, keep believing, and keep on learning.


oh, and maybe i'll be like him someday :) (watch 1:40-3:34)

getting a perfect score on a project that i never once stressed out about... reassures me that i was made for this.



seeing trains on the move while i'm on a walk reminds me how everyone has their own lives happening, but how it can be such a great encounter when two paths do cross and connect.



these are some things that are igniting my inner light these days, bringing me joy, allowing me to live life boldly, and showing me what colors i am made of.

own the night like the 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment