Sunday, September 12, 2010

all is well

as i sit here in our little living room, snuggled up with my stripe blank, drinking warm vanilla biscotti flavored coffee, soaking in the sweet melodies of worshipers streaming through my computer's speakers, and feeling god's presence right where i am... i am fulfilled by the church i chose for myself on this morning.

when i meet new friends and carry on conversations without any hesitations, openly learn and share stories, and laugh and be silly and make jokes... i am thankful for relationships that are just meant to be.

when i talk with old friends and reminisce about past happenings, chat with mamas who are full of stories about children and love and joy and life, and visit with best friends who comfort and bring deep laughter and conversations... i am glad that i get to live life with others.

and with our apartment looking more fall-inspired, the flame of our spiced pumpkin candle flickering and it's aroma filling the air, and the candy corn treats at rest in the bowl on our coffee table... i am excited that fall is here.

in this moment, i am at peace. i am content with my surroundings and my new friends and old are never far. i may be a bit behind with my homework and have to-do lists that somehow continue to grow and due dates that are soon to arrive, but the joy of the lord is my strength and his grace is all i need.

'He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.' - 2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment