Tuesday, October 5, 2010

some kind of crazy

i know how much i love someone. i know how much i love something. i can feel how strong my feelings are when joy erupts from laughter, a smile effortlessly begins, and my heart beats quicker. i know how much a tangible touch makes me feel loved. 



i know how much i love the lord. when i sit and soak in his goodness, i am in love. he alone makes my heart beat quicker, and when i think of his great works, my soul is filled with an overwhelming thankfulness that his actions parallel his promises. even in the trials and pain and sorrow and stress, he is still god and when i focus on this love that i feel, i get lost in it as i remember what really matters in this life.



but i am sure that i will never be able to fully comprehend the love that he has for me. i read about its extravagance, i hear stories about its wonder, and i know for myself that it is deep, high, long and wide in all ways. but this past weekend, when a friend said “His love blows my mind”, my mind got stuck on that statement. i keep picturing some super strong wind that just blows through our minds and we can’t even remotely understand its strength, power, or greatness. it just is. that does seem like the kind of love that he has for us. it covers all and is in all. it’s pure, glorious, divine and all things wonderful. it is simply and sweetly some kind of crazy love.



“Today, You love me more than anyone has ever loved me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment